Area of ophthalmology that evaluates the change in the optic nerve and its decrease in peripheral or side vision, most of the time associated with an increase in eye pressure. Its treatment can be medical and surgical seeking to control high eye pressure to avoid total vision loss.
We take care of your vision
Would you like to visit a an expert in treating Glaucoma?
More prone patients:
Glaucoma can affect people of all ages, from newborns to older adults. Those most at risk are people with:
- Over 60 years of age, African-American descent, family history of glaucoma.
- Those who suffer from high myopia or diabetes.
- Patients with prolonged corticosteroid treatment.
- Patients with a history of trauma or eye surgery.
In most cases there are no symptoms. When the glaucoma is narrow angle it can be found:
- Eye redness.
- Blurred vision orSudden loss of vision.
- Pain in the eye or in the head.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Appearance of rings with the colors of the rainbow around the lights.
- Drops that lower intraocular pressure.
- Laser: trabeculoplasty in open angles, iridotomy in narrow angles. trabeculoplasty in open angles, iridotomy in narrow angles.
- Surgery: trabeculectomy or filtering surgery, drainage devices or valves, combined cataract and glaucoma surgery, cyclodestruction.
Specialized in visual health
Highly qualify doctors
- Tonometry or measurement of intraocular pressure.
- Examination of the optic nerve head by ophthalmoscopy.
- Perimetry or visual field examination.
- Gonioscopy or assessment of the angle.
- Structural examination of the optic nerve such as tomography.
Types of Glaucoma
- Open angle glaucoma.
- Narrow angle glaucoma.
- Congenital glaucoma.
- Secondary glaucoma.
Schedule your appointment so that Glaucoma can provide you with the treatment you require
Our medical specialists and subspecialists have the knowledge, handling techniques, human warmth, and experience to provide you with solutions.
Diagnostic aids and laser
We have the technologies and equipment to perform all kinds of tests with reliable and accurate diagnoses of your visual status.
Quote with us to provide you with personalized service. We will guide you and solve any doubts you might have. Feel safe and confident with our high-quality services.